Friday 14 October 2011

This CB book is not my bet.

 

I am self confessed CB fan. And it took me about 4 days to complete a his book.. huh!. I dont take more than a day and half to complete most of my books. And CB was/is ( confused ) one of my favourites.

Now, a CB book comes with simple expectations; simple english, easy read, unintentionally funny, light on brain and pocket.
After 2 states ( my fav CB book till date) my expectations were on a super high. I never thought that a CB book could be non engaging or boring. Nevertheless, his new book was boring.

Revolution 20-20....a pucca bollywood drama.
A Protagonist/antagonist narrater who is doing wrong thoroughout the book suddenly becomes a hero in the last chapter. CB whats wrong with you. Corruption has been given so much footage and so much little has been spoken about the other guy fighting against it. Shoudn't it be the other way round or atleast equal? and the love triangle does very little to engage you in the read.

I dint expect a CB book to be boring for such a long time. Most of his books are narrated by a character who has equal role to play as others in the book. This time around there's been too much spoken about the narrator and his love for the girl ( who is as confused as he is ). The others sadly end up being a side fiddle ( including the other hero ).
The realisation part wherein the protagonist realises that the real him has been lost in the bad and corrupted world happens so quickly that its hard to believe.

And ofcourse the ending...he leaves the girl ( who comes to him some real hard persuasion ), gets the job back to the other protagonist/rival ( he gets people to dismiss him first and then screws him big time by even crushing his business of revolution 20-20 ( which is a news paper written by the other protagonist who wants to fight against corruption )), and also arranges for his rival to be wedded to his gf. Now, what the hell is this?

I did manage to read through the book simply because its impossible for me to have a book and not read it.
I Dint it enjoy it.


Its probably true that ' expectation Kills '.

No comments:

Post a Comment