Sunday 20 May 2012

The crazy sunday and a glimmer of hope.


It took me one crazy exam to figure out what mess my life is in?

Trust me on the crazy exam part, I could see stars, moons, planets, asteroids, comets, dinosaurs, even the new solar system that the hairless scientists have found. The paper had so many names, I dint even know some of those even exist in this world, leave alone their occupation ( The exam was on GK ). After the initial panic, I gave up and started laughing at the questions. I couldn't do anything better.

The best part was when a girl remarked after the exam 'I am flunking. What the hell was that?' and relief set in. When you know a fellow exam taker has written as badly as you have, the feeling of you not being alone in the war against the brains that dint work and the brains that set this damn question paper is simply awesome.

And then came the movie I was longing to see, Ishaqzaade. It was about honour killing. The songs were good and the movie was okay.

Coming to the messed up part.

So, I came back from the movie with a friend with whom I had a long conversation about many things. That talk made me hit back to the reality. I have this habit of going into the fantasy world when things don't go right. I switch off for a while and this time that became my abode for a very long time. So, when reality came gushing at me like the tsunami, I couldn't take it. And the rest is mathematics.*

On why I entered the fantasy world? I had a big exam and I left my JOB for it. So, I screwed up the exam, is unemployed and the reality pangs are still not sinking in. Whatte life macha!

There is a glimmer of hope though, I got through the Xavier's entrance exam  and have an interview soon. Hope its Bombay calling again. :D

*And the rest is mathematics - All through my school life I kept cursing that one person who invented maths. It was fine till class 4 ( the only time I got a 99 ), but later I started flunking. And dint know what the hell was going wrong. That's exactly how I felt when I came out of my fantasy world.



No comments:

Post a Comment