Monday 30 January 2012

My First Hero.


The day I came, you smiled and shed a tear because your happiness knew no bounds.

Your hands shivered as you clicked my first steps. You were jubilant.

Your joy touched heights the day I said 'pa'.

You made sure I had enough toys to play to my hearts content.

You made all ends meet, just to make sure I get into the best school.

You Held my hands on the first day of school, just to assure me that I am not alone.

You sat with me and completed my home works, so that i don't get scolded at school.

You hit me hard, the day you came to know I made a mistake. So that I don't repeat them.

You sat there in the crowd beaming when I won the prizes.

You couldn't stop gushing about me to everybody the day I came on TV.

You were disheartened with my performance in boards but never let it pass on to me just to make sure that my confidence is not lowered.

You were ecstatic the day I cleared my 12th with great marks and got into the city's best college.

Your pride touched new heights the day I got placed.

I remember you telling me that, Change is the only thing constant.
Any amount of changes would only make my respect and love deeper for you.

A few years down the line, life would change a bit with some new entrants.

Still,

You would always remain the first man in my life.

You would always be the only man I could trust blindly upon.

You would always be my First Hero whom I have been and would look upto in every situation.

I would always be your little daughter.

Happy Birthday Daddy...All I hope for is that you celebrate 100 such birthdays and all your wishes are fulfilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment