Monday 9 September 2013

Falling back on track

Life has become a big joke, so big that I haven't understood it at all. Its been a tough year already. Tough enough to make me believe that, 

"Anything that doesn't kill you, makes you strong."

After my graduation from the college, I came back a rather happy soul for somebody who does not have a job. But, in a bid to get one, things went awry. I came across a person, who I din't know then, would completely dismantle my life. 

Its funny how I get close to people without flinching a bit. And the funniest part is, the rest of the world seems unimportant throughout the time I'm with them. So, yeah, I'm tired of crying over spilled milk. Things went wrong and I ditched people around me only to realise and fall back on track, or some thing like that.

And good things happened too! 

I have a job in Bombay. My favorite city in the whole wide world. It make me so happy that I don't care about the world, partly because nobody in Bombay cares about you. Everybody is so busy that do not have time to hold back and judge you. It's a city that celebrates life in whatever little means possible. And probably this is where I got my courage, right at the start of my life, when I spent the first few years growing up here.

The daily train travel is probably the highlight of the whole I-love-Bombay-obsession. So, everyday when I start from the office and walk about a good 15 mins to reach the station, I'm barge through the crowd to reach the ladies section of the platform. Getting into a train from my station is pretty easy, but, the worst part comes when Dadar station arrives. For people who aren't aware of Dadar, its the busiest area in Bombay. Its a transitional point for people who have to change trains form central to western or western to harbour or central to harbour (I know it's confusing, you have to live there to understand it). So, Dadar has a sea of people. As a friend aptly put it, its a fish market sans fishes. Now, since I have to get down at the very next station, I can't dare to move anywhere away from the place right next to the door. And people in Dadar can't see me standing and have to barge into the train even before it stops, or worse even before the passengers get down. Any which ways, they all end up hitting me. Women in Dadar are like horses, they have no idea about anybody around them, except the rod in the compartment, which they have to reach, in order to get in. So, people almost walk over me everyday, not that it has helped in reducing my weight. 

Apart from that, I'm just learning about life, the biggest teacher ever. And hoping that things get better. 

Also, it's Bombay time all the way for me!





No comments:

Post a Comment